This essay has a total of 413 words and 3 pages.
Manipulation in Animal Farm
The easy manipulation of human nature is illustrated in "Animal Farm"
The Pigs of Animal Farm repetidly abused the animals. Because of their lack of intelligence and strength the animals became victims of the pigs. The easy manipulationof human nature is illustrated in "Animal Farm"
A. The animals weren't strong enough to compete with the stronger pigs.
1. Napoleon's dogs killed many of the animals, "the remaining animals, except for the pigs and dogs, crept away in a body" (p. 837).
2. The pigs trained the sheep to stop the animals from speaking, "they might have uttered some word of protest...all the sheep burst out into a tremendous bleating"(p. 852).
3. Mr. Pilkington said "they have lower classes, and pigs have lower animals" (p. 854).
4. The pigs strength wasn't the only advantage they had over the animals.
B. Many of the animals didn't have enough education to know what happened on the farm.
1. Only a few animals knew the alphabet, "none of the other animals on the farm could get further than the letter A" most didn't even know their names (p. 819).
2. Boxer couldn't remember but a few letters, "Boxer could not get beyond the letter D" (p. 8
Read essay without registering
Donate an essay now and get the full essay emailed you