This essay has a total of 416 words and 4 pages.
Music of new millenium
Competencies are one of several factors, including performance results in determining annual pay adjustments.
What Is Competency-Based Pay?
· Valuing the how (high impact behaviors) of performance as well as the what (results).
· Reinforcing high impact behaviors through pay delivery.
· Critical to success, but a bad place to start; a good place to continue.
Competency Based Systems
Necessary for Top Performance but not Sufficient to Guarantee it
Personal Attributes and Behaviors that Predict Longer-Term Success
Aligning Work Value and Pay
Knowledge Skills Abilities
What Does it Measure?
· Job measurement is designed to calibrate organization roles. One compared to another.
· Focus is on the job, not the person in the job. The person is very important to us, but how the person is performing in the job comes later.
· The most critical feature of a job is what are its outputs. What are we asking the job to do for the organization.
· Compensation system design is not just about how much you pay but the relative relationship between roles and pay.
· When it comes to compensation, individuals are rarely objective about the impact of their own role or performance in that role.
· People, by nature, like to keep track of their career progress. Titles are important. Organization status i
Read essay without registering
Donate an essay now and get the full essay emailed you