Relationships in teenagers in todays society Essay

This essay has a total of 1466 words and 6 pages.

relationships in teenagers in todays society





Did you ever wonder how if felt to be in love? What about being in a relationship? Many
teenagers today have already experienced the hardship of being in relationship with
someone and being in love. Some have not been in love but most have beenin a
relationship. Instead of breaking my head trying to figure out what it is that teenagers
in todays society face up to in relationships, I decided to do a little investigating. I
decided to ask some of my friends to answer my questions. I sat each person alone and
asked them my simple questions. Most of the answers were similar for the females and most
of the males answers were the same also. I questioned eight girls and eight boys. Out of
eight boys only three were in relationships. The other five were not in relationships at
the time. On the other hand, half of the girls I questioned were in relationships that
were serious.

Just by looking at that, I realized that many teenage females today areeither in a serious
relationship or is looking to be in one. Many teenage males are just looking for someone
to have fun with with no strings attatched. In today's society that's hard because once
you become friends with someone, you get to know eachother very well and you know
eachothers likes and dislikes. Most of the time if the two "friends" end up getting
together and it doesn't work out, it ruins the friendship. In many cases one of the
friends likes the other a little more than the other. That's where the problem starts.
In all relationships, both ends of the relationship should put in 100%. But in reality
what really happens is someone is putting 75% and the other is putting 25%. This causes
the tension in the relationship, which brings me to my next point.

I asked those in the relationships if their partner gets along with his/her friends and if
they argue. Mostly everyone answered yes to the first part and yes to the secone part.
Many of the females said that their boyfriends just didn't want them around "bad people".
Who are these "bad people"? They are the boyfriends worst enemies, other boys. Young men
today are so worried about their looks and pride that many worry about whether or not
their lady will cheat on them, so to keep that from happening they keep them from "bad
people". On the contrary, females don't do that. Most of the time the female has her
doubts but is afraid to mention them. They (the females) don't want their boyfriends to
think that they don't trust them. They are also afraid that their boyfriend will take the
concern into offense and leave the female alone and hurt. This problem is called lack of
communication. We're teenagers, not adults. We don't even know how to address people the
right way. How do you expect little boys to be young men.

My next question was about where a usual date would be for the couple. Listen to this.
Most of the couples' answers were the same. The movies, sportsworld, lunch, dinner,
simple stuff. Hardly any said anything like an amusement park, central park, opera, play
etc. What role does this play in the teenage relationship? Look at the places they go
to and look at the places they don't go to. They are very dissimilar. Teenage lives
consist of every day things and not unordinary things. Have you ever seen a teenager call
their mom and ask to go to an opera? They are not interested in fancy place! Why?!
Because they can not afford it or it's inconveniant for them. Teenagers range from 13 to
19. That's seven years of adolescence. It's seven years of carefree, inexpensive fun.
Money plays an important role also. If your boyfriend/ girlfriend is unemployed it makes
it harder to go out and do new exciting things.

How about the seriousnes of the relationship? When you think of teenagers and love you
say it doesn't happen. But on the contrary it usually does happen. Most men and women's
first loves were in their teenage years. Most of my friends are in love but don't want
others to know. They feel rather emabarassed. It's like they are proud but ashamed.
Teenage men are ashamed because their friends who are not in love might joke around and
make him feel uncomfortable. This causes them to deny their commitment to their
girlfriend. The female though, is very different. She has no problem proclaiming her
love for him. She feels proud and "grown" now that she is in love. No one can tell her
what to do about "her" life. Where does the seriousness come in? Right here!!
Eventually the friends start to realize that they are just making it hard on their friends
to experiment love and a relationship and back off. And her comes the hard part. The
couple is now able to spend time alone and seek eachothers needs and comfort. Many a
times, men don't need comfort because pride gets in the way, but there'll be some
Continues for 3 more pages >>