the art of bull
SUGGESTED TOPICS FOR GREEK-ROMAN HUMANITIES
1. How does our modern law differ from that of the Code of Hammurabi? What are the advantages of our laws? Of his Code?
2. Several leaders of Egypt were women. The most famous was Hatshepsut. Research what was
known about her life and accomplishments. Also, what was the status of women in Egypt?
3. Who is the Dalai Lama and why is he looked on as a spiritual leader? Which of his
beliefs are the same as those preached by Buddha?
4. Investigate the contributions made by the ancient Chinese to astronomy, rocketry, and/or pottery-making.
5. Why was Mao Tse-Tung interested in eliminating Confucianism and Taoism from modern China?
6. Compare Dr. M. L. King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech to the writings of the Hebrew
prophets. How do King’s subject matter and oratorical style reveal the influence of the
7. Explore the nature of Judaism. What are its core beliefs?
8. Investigate the roles played by the Presocratics in the history of science. Which of