We have to be very careful with all the extra rich Essays and Papers

This essay has a total of 184 words and 2 pages.


We have to be very careful with all the extra rich foods that are around this time of
year. Although we can usually adjust to the high fat and sugared foods, our pets cannot.
Turkey is usually very rich in fat due to the way it is prepared before we buy it
uncooked. This makes it very hard for our pets to digest and can cause severe
gastrointestinal complications such as vomiting, diarrhea, or pancreatitis (inflammation
of the pancreas). Chocolate is everywhere during the holidays. Most have heard or know
that chocolate is dangerous to the dog and cat. Chocolate, especially dark chocolate,
contains a cardiac drug called theobromine. This is very toxic, even if digested in small
amounts. Chocolate toxicity is very serious. Symptoms can range from vomiting and diarrhea
to increased heart rate and seizure activity. Some dogs and cats are very clever at
sniffing out chocolate treats, so store them out of reach. Donít let onions make you cry!!
They contain a toxin that destroys red blood cells leading to anemia. Symptoms include
lethargy, difficulty breathing and pale gums.

Bibl iography:

Continues for 1 more page >>