Comes the blind fury summary
"Has been a lifesaver so many times!"
- Catherine Rampell, student @ University of Washington
"Exactly the help I needed."
- Jennifer Hawes, student @ San Jose State
"The best place for brainstorming ideas."
- Michael Majchrowicz, student @ University of Kentucky
Comes the blind fury summary
Saul, John. Comes the Blind Fury . New York: Dell Publishing Co., Inc., 1980. 383 pages.
1. The Pendelton Family arrived at Paradise Point and began moving into their new home. Michelle, their 12 year old daughter, found a doll in her closet and she named it Amanda.
2. Michelle met her neighbor, Jeff Benson, on the beach. They quickly good became friends.
3. Michelle met Sally Carstairs while on a house call with her father. Sally told her about a young boy who died at Michelleís new house.
4. Michelle showed Sally the doll and she also found out that she gave it the same name as a girl who fell off the bluff a long time ago.
5. Sally and Michelle visited the old graveyard near Michelleís house. That night, Michelle dreamt there was a young girl in her room
6. June Pendelton, Michelleís mom, went into labor in the graveyard. Michelle learned that the girl in her dream was the famous ghost of Amanda, a twelve year old girl who fell off the bluff a long time ago.
7. Jenny Pendelton became the newest member of the family. Michelle saw Amanda again.
8. The Pendeltons get situated in their new home.
9. Michelle went to a picnic on the beach with her school friends. Susan teased her about being adopted, while she was running away, she tripped on something and fell off the bluff.
10. Michelle began to hear voices talking to her while recovering from her fall.
11. Michelle stayed in bed with her doll and wouldnít talk to anyone. All movement is very painful but she insists that "Amanda" is "helping" her.
12. Michelle limped out to the graveyard and she met Amanda there.
13. Michelle finally returned back to school. All the children stared and laughed at her because she is a "gimp"
14. Cal Pendelton, Michelleís father, is in denial and he wouldnít admit that she isnít getting better. He is afraid that it is his fault because he picked Michelle up after her fall.
15. Amanda lead Michelle to her mothers studio. She had her draw pictures and when she held onto Michelleís arm, she could see things that happened in the past. She drew a picture of two people on a couch, they were Amandaís mother and another man.
16. On the way home from school, Michelle saw Susan in the graveyard. Susan began to tease Michelle and the suddenly the fog rolled in and Amanda came to help. Susan saw Amanda and ran screaming into the fog.
17. Susan ran straight off the bluff and Mrs. Benson, the next door neighbor, saw everything happen. She didnít see any fog, and she blamed the whole thing on Michelle.
18. In the middle of the night, Amanda led Michelle out to her motherís studio and she commanded Michelle to draw another picture. This sketch showed Susan falling off the bluff.
19. Michelle went back to school and everyone ignored her. June Pendelton decided something was very wrong and that she needed to do something about it.
20. Michelle walked home after school and she saw Lisa Hartwick, the daughter of the school counselor. Michelle told Lisa that her only friend is Amanda and Lisa thought Michelle was crazy. Suddenly she got scared and ran away just like Susan Peterson.
21. The Pendelton family attended Susan Petersonís funeral. June made an appointment with the school psychologist, Tim Hartwick, for the entire family.
22. The family went to visit the psychologist and Michelle told him about Amanda and how itís always foggy when she is around. After he finished talking to her, Michelle went outside to the playground and she began to play with a little boy named Billy. He tried to balance on a high ledge, and then he began to tease Michelle because she is crippled. Suddenly the fog came in and the laughing was replaced with a scream of terror and when the fog cleared, Billy lay twisted on the ground.
23. Michelleís father came running when he heard Michelle calling for help, and when he found Billy, he was still breathing. Later the family went to their neighbors home
View Full Essay
More Free Essays Like This