This essay Marianela has a total of 396 words and 3 pages.
1. The name of my Independent Novel is "Marianela".
The author of "Marianela" is Benito Perez Galdos.
"Marianela" has a total of 152 pages.
"Marianela" is a Non-Fiction book.
2. The major characters in my independent novel are:
The aid and person who serves as companion
to Pablo, a young blind man.
Pablo is blind, and believes Marianela to be a beautiful woman.
Some of the minor characters are:
2. Teodoro Golfin
3. Alberto Durero
4. Rafael Sanzio
5. Van Dyck
6. Bartolome Murillo
3. The Major Conflict of the novel, is the fact that Pablo undergoes an experimental
surgery, by which he regains his sense of sight. This causes a great deal of distress
to Marianela, who is afraid Pablo will think she is ugly.
The characters involved in this conflict, are of course Marianela, and Pablo.
This conflict could easily be described as Man vs. Society, due to the fact that
the 18-hundreds society she lived in, made her think lowly of herself, and not fit
to be called "beautiful".
4. At the climax of the story, when Pablo undergoes his surgery, Marianela runs away
fearing that Pablo will dislike her appearance. Since he himself thought that divorce
of Physical beauty from Spiritual beauty was "impossible".
5. The protagonists of the story are Marianela and Pablo.
The antagonists of the story are Ignorance, and the Intervention of Science. They are the cause
of the main conflict. Another person who can be thought of as an antagonist is Florentina, she is
according to everyone, "beautiful", and Marianela is sure that when Pablo regains his sight, he
will think she\'s an angel, and Marianela an unattractive person.
6. The conflict is not resolved, or atleast not in a positive way. Marianela commits suicide by
throwing herself down the main stairwell of Pablo\'s home. Pablo ends up marrying Florentina,
who is by the way, his cousin.
7. I chose this book because it would help me with my ability to read Spanish, and at the same time fulfill the assignment of reading a novel.
8. I liked this book because of the tragic ending. I DID NOT expect it whatsoever. That\'s what made it good.
9. I would definitly recommend this book to someone else. Not only does it help you with your
Spanish because of all the 19th century spanish vocabulary, but it\'s a genuinely fun book
Topics Related to Marianela
Marianela, Benito Prez Galds, Pablo, Spanish language, Television, Cinema of Argentina, Flor y canela
Essays Related to Marianela
MarianelaMarianelaMarianela 1. The name of my Independent Novel is Marianela. The author of Marianela is Benito Perez Galdos. Marianela has a total of 152 pages. Marianela is a Non-Fiction book. 2. The major characters in my independent novel are: 1. Marianela: The aid and person who serves as companion to Pablo, a young blind man. 2. Pablo: Pablo is blind, and believes Marianela to be a beautiful woman. Some of the minor characters are: 1. Florentina 2. Teodoro Golfin 3. Alberto Durero 4. Rafae
Sonia Rivera-Valdés, Ph.D. na Sonia Rivera-Valdés, Ph.D. Associate Professor The Forbidden Stories of Marta Veneranda . Vastly entertaining, slyly heretical, and probably the most important book of stories since Joyces DUBLINERS. William Monahan, author of The House of Light. Department: Foreign Languages, ESL and Humanities. Office Room: 3D11 Office Tel: 718-262-2440 Office Fax: 718-262-2480 Email: [email protected] Background: I was asked to portrait myself in this presentation in the way I like to be seen. I like to